We finally got back to work on the guest cabin. The loft ceiling is about half way installed. This is the last major task to be done.
Behind the scenes we have been doing a couple of small jobs getting ready. We shiplapped all the boards and applied poly to most of them.
The boards were purchased from a local Amish sawmill last year and allowed to dry over winter. We had them custom mill them 1/2 inch thick as we were concerned about weight. This cabin is not set in the ground but floats on 4×4 posts set on pre-cast concrete elephants feet.
Today we framed in the knee-wall with some left over 1×4 stock we had. This wall not being structural we didn’t want to waste 2x4s. After that we installed the boards. Hopefully in a week or so we will be done and can clean the cabin out for use.
Follow me on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/buffcleb) and blog (http://www.bethnchris.com) for updates.