In this video I will be showing you my tried and tested method for getting rid of wasp nests in walls and roof spaces.
I use Rentokil Wasp Killer Powder (150g bottle) in the video – which you can purchase from any garden shop or DIY store for approx £2.99 http://goo.gl/p1CUNZ
The wasps that I’m getting rid of have made their nest in the eaves of the roof, which they access through gaps in the roof tiles (I have no underfelt under my tiles, which makes access all the more easy for them).
The Wasp Killer Powder is ideal in these situations as you can squeeze the powder into the gaps that the wasps are using to access the nest. They then pick up the powder on their way in and out of the nest – which kills the wasps and the nest that they come into contact with.
Spray foam will NOT work for this sort of nest as the foam is only effective when sprayed on the nest itself.
– to plan this sort of job VERY CAREFULLY
– use whatever protective clothing you can get hold of
– apply the powder in the late evening when activity around the nest has reduced and most of the wasps are inside the nest
– have a well rehearsed exit route once you have applied the powder
– you may also need to apply a second dose of powder to treat the newly hatched wasps
SUBSCRIBE – you can subscribe to my Channel here: