Roof pictures are a good thing to have; especially when you are trying to explain to a client just how badly their roof was installed or repaired . . .
And this roof is a good example. Water was pouring into the garage each time it rained, and there were several reasons why:
1. The shingles were installed incorrectly,
2. The flashing designed to keep water away from the wall was flawed,
3. Tons of asphalt based caulking was smeared everywhere; causing shingles to crack and develop even bigger leaks..
FYI: Several roofers tried to fix the leaks, but couldn’t. We did. Watch the video to find out how we did it. Here’s a hint. After we removed the old shingles and diagnosed the problem, we “buttoned her up” with:
1. Ice and water shield
2. Custom aluminum valley flashing
3. Titanium UDL synthetic underlayment
4. Some new Certainteed XT25 shingles
5. A spot or two of Geocel Tripolymer Sealant
And above all — proper roofing techniques.
The roofing photos, which we post online for all of our customers, were able to show the client what was wrong with the roof — and how we would fix it. Then, without event getting on a ladder and putting himself in harm’s way, our client was able to “make an inspection” and see that the roofing work was done correctly, and as contracted for.
Not bad. No hassle and about as easy as you can get. Safe too.
Make sure your roofing contractor shows you before, during, and after pictures as well, and chances are you will be pleased with the results!
More roof pictures: