2018 BEST Interior Design Tips
Get more Home Trends https://www.ly-land.com/
Subscribe for Decor, Kitchen, and the latest recipes to follow – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsaUQX6QYJ_eVVpKEeGq0MQ
1. Pick the paint color last. I get calls all the time from homeowners who want to pick a paint color before they move in. I get the logic. Why not arrive to walls with a fresh coat of paint? Of course you can do it this way, but in my opinion it’s not ideal.
2. Give your furniture some breathing room.
3. Hang artwork at the right height. Galleries and museums hang artwork so that the midline (center) of each piece is 57 inches to 60 inches from the floor. (The average human eye level is 57 inches.) And you should do the same.
4. Know how to arrange furniture on a rug. There are basically three ways you can arrange furniture on your rug.
5. Resist the urge to be too theme-y. For example, the Cape Cod look is a very popular request. You know the hallmarks: beadboard, a blue and white nautical palette, some sailboat paintings.
6. Create a focal point. There are leading roles and supporting cast members in any production. The same holds true in design. Choose your star and make it the focal point to anchor a room.
7. Consider sight lines. Your focal point should be free and clear from one room to the next, so that it feels like you’re being drawn between them.
8. Edit your collectibles. Don’t hang on to a piece that just doesn’t fit. I don’t care if your great-aunt Sally gave it to you. If it’s not working for you, then find a new home for it (maybe in a different room).
9. Vary the scale. What looks good in the store may look like an elephant in the room when you bring it home. Or it’s too tiny to be of any significance. So always vary scale and proportion.
10. Add layers of lighting. In this kitchen seating area, the backsplash is lit, the artwork is highlighted and the cabinet interiors are filled with light.
11. Be bold. Personality is what makes a space great.
12. Ignore all principles in favor of creativity. Having some guidelines gives people a good starting point for furnishing and decorating their home, even if some of them aren’t practical for a particular space.
Design,House ,Home ,Home Decor,home decor,Decor,tips,DIY,Magazine,house,inspiration,Home Design,makeover,interior designer,interior decorating,decorating,kitchen,bathroom,ideas,Design Trends,Decorating,IDS,Interior Decorating,Small Space decorating Ideas,Beautiful Homes,Home Decorating,Robeson Design,Decorating ideas,California homes,luxury homes,cheap decorating ideas,home remodeling,Interior Designer,budget decorating,decorating on a budget,budget,design for less,tiffany harris,molly sims,architecture drawing,family,supermodel,interior design sketch,marker drawing,Design Agency,Interior Design Presentation,How to Present,Song of Style,Home Tour,what does an interior designer do, Bedroom,Bathroom,buzzfeed blue,online home design,study interior design,home,house tour,home tour,decorate,decor,design,modern,contemporary,living room,bedroom,online education,decorator,inspo,home decorating,apartment,styling,chic,small space decorating,how to draw an interior,Interior Design Show,furniture,tile,lighting,toronto,ids18,convention,House Home,preview,renovation,flooring,designer,trade day,online study,Trish Johnston,Townhouse,Makeover,Small Space,Condo,Glam,Interior Design (Industry),Toronto,Collecting,Luxurious,how to interior designer,how to become an interior designer,interior design tips,learn interior design,teach yourself interior design,DIY interior design,diy home decor,moodboard,how to make a moodboard,floor plans,how to make a floor plan,creative profession,nate berkus,the nate berkus show,home made simple,mr. kate,mrkate,mr kate,mister kate,kate albrecht,Documentary,study online,Website,Sarah Richardson Design,Allison Willson,house features,cool houses,coolest houses,best houses,amazing house,amazing houses,incredible,unbelievable,house design,small house design,house interior design,house design ideas,home design,modern house design,modern house,architecture,cottage house,be amazed,beamazed,top 10,life hack,how to,awesome ideas,craft,simple life hack