Can roofs be installed in winter time?
My name is Dmitry, owner of storm Group Roofing, in this video I will Answer question that we get asked a lot: can roofs be installed in winter time?
First of all there are many Roofing materials and some can be installed all year round like metal roofs.
But in today’s video I want to focus on most popular option: asphalt shingles.
Can asphalt shingles be installed in winter?
Short answer is yes, but there is five things you must know before attempting to do it yourself or hire professional to do it for you.
1. Read and understand manufacture instructions. Most Roofing manufactures will limit their warranties for cold applications.
2. Hand sealing. Roof cement or specialized adhesives must be applied to each shingle for temperatures below 40 degrees.
3. Spacing. Some asphalt shingles require small gaps between tabs before install.
4. Use of torch. Be careful. Torch can be used for two major reasons: warm up shingle and remove frosting.
5. Shingles must be handled with care. Avoid cracking or breaking.
Lastly, if you have to install in winter time, prepare to spend little bit more for hand sealing or extra care, since it takes longer time some Contractors might charge little extra.
Hope you found this video helpful if you did please comment below if you have installed shingles in winter time or maybe have issues with it.
For more videos like this about Roofing but also siding, gutters and anything else that goes on exterior of your house please subscribe to our channel, new videos coming every Wednesday, not to miss it click that subscribe and turn on notification bar on, and I will see you around!
Residential and Commercial Roofing & Siding Contractor
About Storm Group Roofing: